Yesterday, Seven Seas Entertainment announced that they would be expanding their business into table-top games; teasing that their first announcement would come today and now, the first planned game has been revealed: a deck-building card game based on Studio BONES and Shinichiro Watanabe’s Space Dandy science fiction comedy anime.
In order to fund the game, Seven Seas Games have started a Kickstarter fundraiser with the intention of raising $12,000 to fund production of the game. By pledging various amounts of money, fans can receive a varying degree of gifts ranging from digital wallpapers, to a bundle of the board game and FUNimation Entertainment’s North American release of the anime’s first season! The full tier list is as follows:
- $1 – Five digital wall-papers.
- $50 – A free copy of the Space Dandy: Galactic Deck Building Card Game.
- $80 – TWO copies of the Space Dandy: Galactic Deck Building Card Game.
- $90 – The Honey Limited Edition, including a copy of the game, a foil-stamped box sleeve, series guide book, 3 mini posters, sticker sheet and a “Boobies” point card.
- $100 – The Honey + Dandy Bundle. A copy of the Honey Limited Edition and a copy of FUNimation Entertainment’s Space Dandy season one collection.
Due to the licensing contraints, the the Kickstarter currently does not ship to the United Kingdom, but to find out more about its fundraising page, you can visit it here. If the campaign raises over $20,000, Seven Seas Entertainment will be upgrading the overall quality of the game, with improved card-stock and better play pieces.
Anime Limited released the first season of Space Dandy in the United Kingdom last year.