This year’s Eisner Award nominations have been revealed.
In the “Best U.S. Edition of International Material – Asia” category, the only one devoted entirely to manga, the nominees are:
- Chainsaw Man, by Tatsuki Fujimoto, translation by Amanda Haley (VIZ Media)
- Kaiju No. 8, by Naoya Matsumoto, translation by David Evelyn (VIZ Media)
- Lovesickness: Junji Ito Story Collection, by Junji Ito, translation by Jocelyne Allen (VIZ Media)
- Robo Sapiens: Tales of Tomorrow (Omnibus), by Toranosuke Shimada, translation by Adrienne Beck (Seven Seas)
- Spy x Family, by Tatsuya Endo, translation by Casey Loe (VIZ Media)
- Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead, by Haro Aso and Kotaro Takata, translation by Nova Skipper (VIZ Media)
Elsewhere, Zom 100 is also nominated for “Best Humor Publication”, Junji Ito is also up for “Best Writer/Artist” for both Lovesickness, Deserter and Sensor. Ito was nominated in these categories last year, winning both of them.
Hachi Ishie’s Disney Cruella (VIZ Media) is up for “Best Adaptation from Another Medium”, while Hiroshi Noda and Takahiro Wakamatsu’s Love After World Domination Vol. 1-3 is nominated for “Best Digital Comic”. Manga is also covered in the “Best Academic/Scholarly Work” category, with Eike Exner up for his book Comics and the Origins of Manga: A Revisionist History. Moto Hagio is also a nominee for the Eisner Hall of Fame.
The winners will be announced on 22nd July.