It’s not that common to witness anime get delisted from streaming services, however the UK & Ireland have had a few batches occur every now and then. Animax UK used to be a common example with their entire exclusive Kadokawa Pictures and TBS titles expired from the service as an example. But now the attention has gone towards Viewster, or I guess attention isn’t the right way to say it – since no one really noticed.
Over 37 anime titles have expired from the service since the beginning of the year. That’s about a quarter of the catalogue gone from Viewster’s service for the UK & Ireland. In fact what’s even more awkward is that they recently launched a paid channel subscription for Amazon Prime users through Instant Video and still more and more titles are being removed. Chances are that this will keep on going throughout the entire year.
Here’s a list of all the shows that have expired since January 2017:
- Baby Steps [Seasons 1-2]
- Blessing of the Campanella (Shukufuku no Campanella)
- A Bridge to the Starry Skies (Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi)
- Cute High Earth Defence Club LOVE! (Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!)
- The Everyday Tales of a Cat God (Nekogami Yaoyorozu)
- Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan (Arslan Senki)
- The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls
- Medaka Box
- Medaka Box Abnormal
- Outlaw Star (Seihou Bukyou Outlaw Star)
- Plastic Memories
- Reborn! [Seasons 1-9]
- Saiyuki Reloaded
- Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou)
- Samurai Warriors: Legend of the Sanada (Sengoku Musou SP: Sanada no Shou)
- School Days
- Seraph of the End (Owari no Seraph)
- Seraph of the End -Battle in Nagoya- (Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen)
- Shin Koihime†Musou
- Shin Koihime†Musou: Otome Tairen
- Star Ocean EX
- Sushi and Beyond (Eikoku Ikke, Nihon wo Taberu)
- Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu)
- Vampire Holmes
- The Vision of Escaflowne (Tenkuu no Escaflowne)
- We Without Wings (Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai)
- World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman! (Seiken Tsukai no World Break)
- Yumeiro Patissiere SP Professional
That’s… quite a lot.
The good news is that some of them are available for streaming on other services:
Animax UK – Durarara!!
The Anime Network – Onigirl
Crunchyroll – 11eyes, Baby Steps, A Bridge to the Starry Skies, Cute High Earth Defence Club LOVE!, Durarara!!, The Everyday Tales of a Cat God, Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya, Happiness!, Koihime†Musou, Myself;Yourself, Plastic Memories, Reborn!, Samurai Warriors, Samurai Warriors: Legend of the Sanada, School Days, Shin Koihime†Musou, Shin Koihime†Musou: Otome Tairen, Toradora!, We Without Wings, World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman!
Daisuki – The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls
Funimation – Blessing of the Campanella, Cute High Earth Defence Club LOVE!, The Heroic Legend of Arslan, Samurai Warriors, Samurai Warriors: Legend of the Sanada, We Without Wings
Netflix – Durarara!!
None of the above – Basquash!, Hatarakiman, Medaka Box, Medaka Box Abnormal, NieA_7, Outlaw Star, Saiyuki Reloaded, Seraph of the End, Seraph of the End -Battle in Nagoya-, Star Ocean EX, Sushi and Beyond, Tweeny Witches, Vampire Holmes, The Vision of Escaflowne, Yumeiro Patissiere SP Professional
Farewell smug Shinoa face. At least the show (Seraph of the End) is available on Blu-ray from Universal Pictures.