CRUNCHYROLL CELEBRATES ANI-MAY WITH HMV PARTNERSHIP
Crunchyroll, the international brand offering fans the ultimate anime experience, is kicking off Ani-May with global retail and digital celebrations, including a variety of products celebrating fan-favourite series. In the UK, Crunchyroll will partner with iconic music and pop-culture retailer HMV.
HMV will ensure anime fans in the UK are set up with the latest merchandise from some of their favourite series across more than 100 retail locations and online.
Fans can expect a variety of products across categories including apparel, accessories, footwear, home, toys and more. Titles celebrated through the month of May include Attack on Titan, JUJUTSU KAISEN, My Hero Academia, and Toilet Bound Hanako-kun, among others.
“Anime is a global phenomenon, capturing the hearts and minds of fans all over the world. To celebrate this dynamic medium, we’ve curated an incredible lineup of products with best-in-class retail partners that will help the anime community express their fandom not just in Ani-May, but all year long,” said Anna Songco Adamian, VP of Consumer Products at Crunchyroll.
Crunchyroll’s global Ani-May partners and activations include:
- Hot Topic Hot Topic will celebrate Ani-May with special in-store retail activations, including dedicated Ani-May window takeovers across all store locations, a variety of anime merchandise and collectibles, and a free 30-day trial offer of Crunchyroll Premium as a special gift with purchase for any fan who buys anime merchandise during the month of May, delivered in an adorable sticker format. This promotion will run throughout the month of May beginning today across all 630+ Hot Topic stores in the United States and Canada.
- Games Academy Funside will serve a fresh collection of anime products to fans across Italy, with a special Crunchyroll gift with in-store purchases. More surprises will be made available to customers online.
- FNAC España has selected 2 stores : FNAC San Augustin (Valencia) y FNAC l’illa (Barcelona) to host Ani-May and prepare a dedicated podium with a selection of official merchandising (figurines, collectibles, accessories, posters and stationery). During the month of May, fans can visit these stores and win a free trial of 30 days of Crunchyroll Premium.
- FNAC France is also joining Ani-May with its store FNAC Ternes (Paris), with a branded area, a special selection of products (figurines, collectibles, accessories, posters, and stationery) and a chance to win 30 days of Crunchyroll Premium.
- Piticas, the specialty apparel and accessories store, will feature Ani-May products in over 400 retail locations across Brazil.
- Cuidado con el Perro will serve anime fans in Mexico a variety of products featuring their favourite anime series across more than 200 retail locations.
- Falabella, one of the top department stores in Chile, Colombia and Peru, will also feature a wide selection of anime merchandise throughout Ani-May and beyond.
- Thalia, leading bookseller in Germany, will feature manga and Ani-May marketing activations.
Anime fans worldwide outside of Asia can enjoy the world’s largest anime catalogue on Crunchyroll with more than 18,000 hours and 44,000 episodes available subbed or dubbed in over 10 languages.