Netflix Japan have revealed some new information for two of their Netflix Original anime titles when they launch this March!
We’ll start with Sword Gai: The Animation as this news was technically already been revealed a week or two ago so here’s a brief recap.
The news mentioned revealed the voice actors for the main leads in the series:
- Yuichiro Umehara (Young Black Jack) voices Seiya Ichijō
- Yuuto Uemura (Bungo Stray Dogs) voices the main protagonist Gai Ogata
- Yuka Aisaka (Chivalry of a Failed Knight) voices Sayaka Ogata
Animating the series are LandQ studios (CG work for Kuroko’s Basketball), DLE Inc. (Akiba’s Trip) and Production I.G (Welcome to the Ballroom).
Staff members contributing to the adaptation include:
- Tomohito Naka (New Initial D Legend) as director
- Takahiro Ikezoe (Show By Rock!!) as chief director
- Atsuko Nakajima (You’re Under Arrest) as character designer
- Kotaro Nakagawa (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion) as music composer
- Toshiki Kameyama (March comes in like a lion) as sound director
In addition the series composition will be handled by Sword Gai’s original writer Toshiki Inoue.
The story synopsis from the manga source material as follows:
Gai was born beside a woman who met her death in a forest. He was adopted by the swordsmith Amon. A few years later, Gai becomes Amon’s apprentice, and during the forging of a sword, he loses his right arm. To help him, Amon crushes the demon sword Shiryū (lit. Death Dragon) to form it into Gai’s replacement right arm. Gai then is able to fuse with the weapon on his arm, and fights against his enemies.
The anime series will be available starting 23rd March 2018 worldwide on the service.
Next we have A.I.C.O. -Incarnation-, an original anime series from studio Bones (Eureka Seven). The last info we had received for this title was back at Netflix’s anime originals line-up back in August. Today, more information has appeared including a launch date!
Cast members for the series include:
- Haruka Shiraishi (A Centaur’s Life) as the main leading female protagonist Aiko Tachibana
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (The Heroic Legend of Arslan) as as the main leading male protagonist Yuya Kanzaki
- Ryota Takeuchi (Haikyu!!) as Daisuke Shinoyama
- Ai Kayano (Amanchu!) as Maho Shiraishi
- Makoto Furukawa (One Punch Man) as Yoshihiko Sagami
- Taishi Murata (Durarara!!x2) as Kazuki Minase
- Kaori Nazuka (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion) as Haruka Seri
- M.A.O (Digimon Adventure tri) as Kaede Misawa
- Toru Ohkawa (Fullmetal Alchemist) as Susumu Kurose
- Takehito Koyasu (Gintama) as Kyōsuke Isazu
- Atsuko Tanaka (Ghost in the Shell) as Akiko Nanbara
Staff members contributing to the anime project include:
- Kazuya Murata (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) as director
- Yuuichi Nomura (Comet Lucifer) as series composition writer
- Hanamaru Naruko (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) as original character designer
- Satoshi Ishino (Excel Saga) as chief animation director
- Tomoaki Okada (Darker than Black) as concept designer
- Takeshi Takakura (Rebuild of Evangelion) as mechanical designer
- Kazuhiro Miwa (Fate/Extra Last Encore) as matter designer
- Junichi Higashi (City Hunter) as art director
- Reiko Iwasawa (Scrapped Princess) as color key artist
- Kouki Ota (Space Dandy) as CGI director
- Hikaru Fukuda (Chaika -The Coffin Princess-) as photography director
- Kumiko Sakamoto (Yowamushi Pedal) as editor
- Taro Iwashiro (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) as music composer via Lantis
- UTAMARO Movement will be sound producer
- Jin Aketagawa (Birdy the Mighty: Decode) as sound director
- Tomoji Furuya (Death Parade) assists the sound director with the sound effects
The story synopsis is as follows:
In Japan in the year 2035, an accident known as the “Burst” occurs during a research project, spawning an out-of-control artificial life form called “Matter” that has spread throughout the Kurobe Gorge. The research city that was once hailed as the hope for humanity is cordoned off by the government. Two years later, 15-year-old Aiko Tachibana, who lost her family in the Burst, learns something unbelievable from Yuya Kanzaki, a new student at her school. A secret is hidden within her body, and the answer to the puzzle lies at the “Primary Point” that was the center of the Burst. Aiko resolves to infiltrate the restricted area, escorted by a team of divers and with Yuya as her guide. When boy meets girl with the fate of humanity in their hands, what new truth will come to light?
The anime series will be available starting 9th March 2018 worldwide on the service.
So far here is the current schedule for our upcoming anime titles throughout this winter season line-up:
Devilman crybaby (worldwide)
Violet Evergarden (simulcast in various territories)
Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters (worldwide)
Fate/Extra Last Encore (Japan only, worldwide unconfirmed for 2018 but very likely)
B: The Beginning (worldwide)
A.I.C.O. -Incarnation- (worldwide)
Sword Gai: The Animation (worldwide)
If you’re curious about what else is coming soon to the Netflix platform, we have a round-up article here.